Women's Soccer To Host UConn on Wed. Night
Aug 27, 2013
Chestnut Hill, Mass. - The Boston College women's soccer team will host Connecticut tomorrow at 7 p.m. at the Newton Soccer Field. Admission is free for all the Eagles home regular season games.
BC vs. UCONN
• Last season Boston College defeated UConn, 4-3, behind two goals from McKenzie Meehan. Kate McCarthy and Patrice Vettorialso scored in the game. • Since the 1997 season when Coach Alison Foley arrived at the Heights, BC is 3-6-1 against UConn.
• In the last three matches, BC defeated UConn, 2-1 in double-overtime in 2004. UConn advanced on PK's in the 2007 NCAA Tournament. After a four year hiatus, BC earned a win in the 2012 season.
BC IN SEASON OPENERS
• Since joining the ACC, Boston College is now 5-2-2 in season openers. The Eagles two ties are against Stanford in the 2010 season and BU in 2011. The two losses are against the same two teams.
• Since 1997, BC is 8-7-2 in season openers.
• BC is receiving votes in this week's NSCAA poll.
• Soccertimes.com has BC at No. 22.
• Sophomore defender Lauren Bernardleads the Eagles in points with one goal, one assist for three points.
• Sophomores Madison Meehan and Coco Woeltz started the first two games. Meehan started in the midfield, while Woeltz is on defense. Freshman Meg MacDonald made her debut on defense on Sunday against UConn, while fellow rookies Hayley Dowd and Rosie DiMartinoplayed against Stanford.
• Head Coach Alison Foley is now 213-104-32 at the Heights. She has won more games than any other coach in program history. Her overall record career record is 217-212-29.
• With both Madison and McKenzie Meehan starting for the Eagles, it marks the first time sisters have started since the 2009 season. Then senior captain Gina DiMartino and then freshman Victoria DiMartinostarted for the Eagles.
• Remember to follow the Eagles on Twitter/@BC_WSOC.
• Boston College will hit the road and play at Hofstra on Sunday, Sept. 1 at 1 p.m.