April 5, 2012
CHESTNUT HILL, Mass. -
Boston College lacrosse heads south to take on conference foe Duke on Saturday, April 7 at 12 p.m. The Eagles will look for their first-ever win against the Blue Devils in the squad’s last ACC regular-season game of 2012. The contest will take place at Duke’s Koskinen Stadium.
Live, in-game statistics: 4/7 vs. Duke.
Boston College Notes
• BC currently owns a 6-6 overall record. This week, the Eagles earned a decisive, 15-9 decision against Vermont on April 4.
• The Eagles are tabbed at No. 20 according to the IWLCA coaches’ poll released on April 2.
• Boston College holds a 6-1 record so far this season when the team leads at the half.
• The Eagles have been a threat on the draw so far this season. With 177 draw controls in 2012, BC is ranked 15th in the nation.
• Grad student Kristin Igoe and freshman Covie Stanwick lead the offensive effort for BC with 39 points apiece. Igoe is first on the team with 32 goals, while Stanwick has a team-best 17 assists, good for second on BC’s all-time freshmen records list.
• Igoe continues to make her mark in the BC history books. With five goals against Vermont, she improved her career total to 151 to surpass Susie Breaznell ’05 and move into second place on BC’s all-time record list. Currently in third place on the school’s record list for points (197), she is three shy of becoming just the third Eagle ever to record 200 career points.
• Senior Brittany Wilton has 43 draw controls so far this season, good for 37th in the nation. With five draw controls against North Carolina on March 24, the attacker-turned-midfielder broke BC’s all-time record for career draws (172) previously held by Maura Mahoney ’09.
• Freshman Mikaela Rix and junior Brooke Blue have added to the Eagles’ attack this season with 32 and 30 points, respectively. With 133 career points, Blue is ranked ninth all-time in the history of the program.
• Freshman goalkeeper Emily Mata leads the Eagles with 58 saves and a .439 save percentage.
• Duke is currently 8-5 overall and 2-2 in ACC matchups. The Blue Devils have lost three-consecutive games. In the team’s last outing, Duke fell, 4-2, against North Carolina on March 30.
• The Blue Devils are ranked sixth in the nation according to the IWLCA coaches’ poll. • DU has dominated its opponents on the draw this season, controlling 173 of the opportunities compared to the opposition’s 116.
• Kerrin Maurer leads the offensive attack for the Blue Devils with a team-high 20 goals and 42 points. Makenzie Hommel is tied with Maurer for first on the team with 20 goals.
• Goalkeeper Molly Mackler has been strong in the net for Duke, recording 93 saves so far. She has just an 8.47 goals against average and a .463 save percentage.
• Saturday’s contest will mark the 11th meeting all-time between Boston College and Duke. The Blue Devils lead the series, 10-0.
• In their last outing, Duke defeated BC, 14-11, on April 9, 2011.