Dec. 31, 2013
Chestnut Hill, Mass. -
Mt. St. Mary's at Boston College (8-5)
WHEN: Wednesday, Jan. 1, 2013
TIME: 1 p.m.
WHERE: Conte Forum - Chestnut Hill, MA
The Boston College women’s basketball team will host Mount St. Mary’s on Wed., January 1 at 1 p.m. Fans looking to attend the game can purchase tickets at the door with the New Year’s Day Special deal of $1 per ticket.
- Boston College has improved to 8-5 after defeating former Big East foe Providence, 80-71, at Alumni Hall on the campus of Providence College.
- Kristen Doherty notched a season-high 23 points, including six of the final 10 points of the game for the Eagles. Katie Zenevitch added 14 points, six rebounds and two steals, while Kate Cooper and Nicole Boudreau chipped in with 15 points apiece. The Eagles have won five straight games.
- It marks the first time the BC program has won five consecutive games since the 2010-11 season. Boston College opened the season at 11-0 that year.
- Senior center Katie Zenevitch is just 46 points from reaching the 1,000 point plateau. A native of Methuen, MA, Zenevitch passed the 500 rebound mark in the first game of the season vs. Stanford. She now has 954 points and 579 rebounds.
- Senior Kristen Doherty had two steals vs. Providence to move into fourth overall on the Eagles all-time list for thefts with 183. Doherty also is 15th in points scored (1,151), 12th in rebounds (567) and 14th in assists (259).
- Sophomore Nicole Boudreau had 14 points, six rebounds and five assists in the win over Providence. Boudreau dropped four three's on the Lady Friars. It marked the fifth game Boudreau had three or more three's in a game.