Dec. 7, 2013
Chestnut Hill, Mass. -
Boston College vs. Hartford
WHEN: Sunday, Dec. 8
WHERE: Conte Forum, Chestnut Hill, Mass.
TIME: 1 p.m.
The Boston College women's basketball team will host Hartford (1-7) on Sunday, Dec. 8 at 1 p.m. at Conte Forum. Fans can purchase tickets at the gate prior to the game.
The Eagles (3-5) are coming off a tough road loss to Wisconsin on Thursday night. BC lost ,74-59, in Madison, Wisconsin. BC was down just two points at the half and went up 10 on an 11-2 run to start the half. The Badgers long range game took over as Wisconsin hit xx-of-xx three's in the second half.
Boston College was led by senior Katie Zenevitch with 17 points and 10 rebounds while senior guard Kristen Doherty added 14 points and nine rebounds.
BC vs. Hartford
- Boston College leads the overall series vs. Hartford, 8-1.
- The last time the two teams met, Boston College lost to the Hawks, 54-45, in Hartford on Dec. 10, 2011.
- In the 2010 season, Boston College defeated Hartford, 93-66, behind 24 points from Stefanie Murphy and 15 points and seven boards from Kristen Doherty.
- The first meeting between BC and Hartford took place on Dec. 14, 1985. Boston College won the game, 80-40.
- Kristen Doherty has played in 100 games and has started in 98 of those games.
- BC has hit a three-pointer in 184 straight games.
- Katie Zenevitch recorded her first double-double of the season vs. Wisconsin (17 pts, 10 rebus.). It was her eighth career double-double.
- Nicole Boudreau is fourth in the ACC in three-point field goal percentage (51.4%) and fifth in three-pointers made (19-for-37).
- Freshman Kelly Hughes is sixth in the conference in three-point field goal percentage (45.9%) and seventh in three-pointers made (17-for-37).
- Lauren Engeln is averaging 7.6 points a game and leads BC in assists per game (3.6 apg).
- In the last three games, Boston College is shooting 41.4% from the field but averaging just 59.7 points per game.