Feb. 20, 2014
BOSTON COLLEGE at CLEMSON
WHEN: Thursday, Feb. 20
WHERE: Littlejohn Stadium, South Carolina
TIME: 7 p.m.
FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook .com/eagleswbb
Boston College hits the road to play Clemson (3-10 ACC, 11-16 overall) at Littlejohn Stadium on Thursday night at 7 p.m. The Eagles (12-15, 3-10 ACC) will then host Maryland on Thursday, Feb. 27 for the final home game of the season.
The Eagles are coming off a loss against Syracuse, 71-47, on Sunday afternoon. It was the first meeting between the two teams since the 2005 season. BC was led by freshman Emilee Daley with a career-high 13 points, while Katie Zenevitch added 10 points and seven rebounds. Freshman Kelly Hugheshad 10 points and five boards.
Boston College has played the last four games without their senior guard Kristen Doherty. She has shown symptoms of a concussion and will be a game-time decision.
BC vs. CLEMSON
- Today's game is the 11th meeting between Clemson and Boston College. BC leads the overall series, 7-3. The Eagles are 3-1 at Littlejohn.
- The two teams played twice last season and split the series. BC won the first game at Clemson, 66- 43. Kristen Doherty and Katie Zenevitchled the Eagles with 18 points apiece.
- In the second game of the season, Clemson stunned BC, 64-61. Kerri Shields had 14 points and six boards, while Kristen Dohertyadded 14 points.
- The nationwide PLAY4KAY event is very special to the Boston College women's basketball community. The Eagles have been a supporter of former BC guard Clare Droesch'05, who was diagnosed with cancer two years ago. The CRUSH CANCER FUND FOR CLARE was set up through the Rockaway non-profit organization, the Graybeards.
- The Eagles will don their Pink Under Armour uniforms tonight as Clemson will hold their PLAY4KAY DAY tonight.
- The BC women's team wears black Under Armour Play4K warm-up shirts with Droesch's No. 15 on the sleeve for the second consecutive season in honor of the Eagles guard who continues her battle with cancer.
- To donate go to www.graybeards.com/index/donations - add to card and click on Clare's photo.
- There is also a FACEBOOK page out of hosted by Droesch's friends in Rockaway and it is - Friends of Crush Cancer Fund for Clare. Donations can be made to her foundation on the FB page as well.
- Senior Katie Zenevitchis second on the team in points (11.2 ppg.) and first in rebounds (6.6), free throw (80%) and field goal percentage (53.7%). She now has a career-high 49 assists this season. She has 147 career helpers, impressive for a 6-foo-3 forward.
- The Eagles are No. 2 in the ACC in free throw percentage (75.8%) and 21st in the country.
- Nicole Boudreau, who has started 58 straight games, passed the 600 point plateau vs. FSU on Feb. 14. The Eagles guard now has compiled 623 points in two seasons. She has also moved into seventh on the all-time three-pointers made list at 120.
- Freshman Kelly Hughesis averaging 11 points and 4.4 rebounds a game. She is also 13th in the nation in 3-point field goal percentage (44%).
- BC is third in the ACC in 3-point field goal percentage (36.1%) behind Notre Dame (42.1%) and Duke (42.5%) . Sophomore Nicole Boudreau and Kelly Hugheshave combined for 120 of the teams 206 three's made this season.
- Three players - Lauren Engeln, Katie Zenevitch and Nicole Boudreauhave started every game this season.
- Freshman Emilee Daleynotched a career-high 13 points in the last game against Syracuse. She played a career-high 23 minutes and went 3-for-5 from long range. It was the second time Daley hit three three-pointers in a game. She hit 3-for-4 and finished with nine points vs. FIU on Nov. 21.
BC IN THE LAST THREE GAMES
- Boston College is 0-3 in the last three outings. The Eagles have lost at RV/RV Florida State, No. 2 Notre Dame and RV/RV Syracuse.
- The Eagles have been without the services of senior Kristen Dohertyin the last four games.
- The team is averaging 54.3 points per game while the opponents are averaging 75.0 points per game.
- The Eagles are shooting 46.3% from the floor and 36.4% from the 3-point line. They have dipped slightly at the foul line shooting just 70.8 percent in the last three games.
- BC is averaging 13.7 assists per game but 19 turnovers in the last three games.
- Remember to continue to follow the Eagles on Twitter/@bc_wbb or Coach Erik Johnsonat - @BC_CoachJohnson
- Fans interested in obtaining a 2013-14 Women's Basketball Media Guide can purchase one in the BC Communications Office for $10 during office house (9-5 p.m.).
- The Eagles will host Maryland in the final regular season game on Feb. 27 at 7 p.m. Fans are encouraged to get there early as the team will honor seniors Katie Zenevitch and Kristen Doherty.
BLAST FROM THE PAST
- In the 2010-11 season on Feb. 20, Boston College defeated Virginia, 73-50, on the road. The Eagles opened the game on a 20-0 run and never looked back. Senior Carolyn Swords recorded her 12th double-double of the season with 14 points and 10 rebounds, while sophomore Kerri Shields added 17 points on 5-for-8 shooting from the arc