Feb. 8, 2014
Tallahassee, Fla. -
GAME 25: Boston College (12-12, 3-7 ACC) at FLORIDA STATE (15-7, 3-6 ACC)
WHEN: Sunday, Feb. 9
TIME: 1 p.m.
WHERE: Donald L. Tucker Center, Tallahassee, FLA
VIEW: Regional Sports Network (NESN)
The Boston College women's basketball team is on the road again as the Eagles play at Florida State on Sunday, Feb. 6 at 1 p.m. BC is coming off a, 69-65, victory over Virginia on Thursday night at Conte Forum to improve to 12-12 on the season and 3-7 in the conference.
The Last Meeting
January 17, 2013
Chestnut Hill, Mass.
Boston College overcame a 15-point deficit with a 19-2 second half run to earn the win against Virginia. Freshman Kelly Hughes had 23 points and four assists, while Kat Cooper added 12 points and four rebounds. Sophomore Nicole Boudreau notched 13 points and five assists and Katie Zenevitch had seven points and seven rebounds.
The Eagles forced Virginia into six turnovers in the final 5:22 of the game, while BC did not turn the ball over in the final 11 minutes of play. The 19-2 run was led by Hughes with seven points and Karima Gabriel with six points.
BC vs. FLORIDA STATE
- Today's game is the 12th meeting between BC and the Seminoles.
- The Eagles have not defeated FSU in the last four games. The two teams played twice last season with the Seminoles picking up both wins.
- BC's only win over FSU came at the ACC Tournament on March 5, 2010. The Eagles earned a, 67-60, victory behind 14 points from Stefanie Murphy and 11 points apiece from Ayla Brown and Carolyn Swords. FSU was ranked 8th in the country at the time.
- Boston College is 0-4 at the Donald L. Tucker Center.
- The Eagles last played at FSU on Dec. 30, 2012 and lost, 76-70.
- Boston College has won the battle of the boards in the last three games - +5 vs. Pitt, +2 vs. VTech and +2 vs. UVA.
- Freshman Kelly Hughes leads the team in points scored (19.7) in the last three games.
- Sophomore Nicole Boudreau is 19-for-21 from the foul line in the last six games. She is shooting 79.2 percent from the charity stripe for the season.
- Boston College is 6-1 when the team hits 10 or more three's in a game. The only loss was at NC State when the team hit 13 three's.
- The Eagles made 10 three's and shot 43.5 percent from the arc in the win over Virginia on Thursday night.
- Boston College is 19th in the country in FT% and 2nd in the ACC (75.9%).
- The Eagles are 34th in nation in 3 point field goal percentage (36.1%) and 29th in three's made per game (7.8).
- Sophomore Karima Gabriel played 14 minutes and had six points and five rebounds in the win vs. UVA.
- Three of five BC players have played every game this season - Nicole Boudreau, Katie Zenevitch and Lauren Engeln.
- On Feb. 9, 2006, Boston College earned its sixth ACC victory of the season with a 57-55 win over Georgia Tech. It was the Eagles first season in the conference and the team finished at 6-8. Kindyll Dorsey hit a baseline jumper with 7.8 seconds to play to seal the victory. She finished with 18 points, while Brooke Queenan had 14 points and 11 rebounds.
- Remember to continue to follow the Eagles on Twitter/@bc_wbb or Coach Erik Johnson at - @BC_CoachJohnson
- Fans interested in obtaining a 2013-14 Women's Basketball Media Guide can purchase one in the BC Communications Office for $10 during office house (9-5 p.m.)
- Boston College will host No. 2 Notre Dame (22-0, 9-0) on Thursday, February 13 at 7 p.m. Tickets are available at the door for the game.