Feb. 6, 2013
No. 22 North Carolina at Boston College
WHEN: Thu, Feb 7, 2013
TIME: 7:00 PM
WHERE: Conte Forum
VIEW ON ESPN3:
Kristen Doherty and 14 from Kerri Shields. BC is now 9-12 overall and 3-7 in the ACC. The Eagles will now host No. 22 North Carolina on Thursday night at 7 p.m. in Conte Forum.
BC VS. NO. 22 NORTH CAROLINA
- BC has three wins in the ACC this season. In mid-January, BC defeated Virginia Tech and Clemson, it marked the first time BC earned two straight road wins since joining the ACC.
- The Eagles are 32nd in the nation in free throw percentage (74.4%). The team is also ranked 30th in 3-pointers made per game (7.0 per game) and 60th in the nation in 3-point field goal percentage (33.3 percent).
- This will be the eighth meeting between Boston College and North Carolina. The Tar Heels lead the overall series, 6-1.
- The two teams first met on Feb. 20, 2006 in Carmichael Auditorium. The Eagles lost, 69-62, despite 22 points from Kindyll Dorsey '06.
- The Eagles only victory came on the road on Feb. 10, 2011. BC defeated the Tar Heels, 69-62, behind 14 points, nine rebounds from Carolyn Swords and nine points and 12 rebounds from Stefanie Murphy. Then-freshman Kerri Shields added 13 points in the win.
- Probable starters for BC are: Kerri Shields, Kristen Doherty, Katie Zenevitch, Tessah Holt, Nicole Boudreau.
- The Eagles have had the same starting lineup for all 21 games this season.
- BC is 1-2 in the last three games. The lone victory was at home against NC State on Jan. 31. The two losses were to No. 4 ranked Duke and No. 10 ranked Maryland.
- The Eagles are shooting just 39.3 percent from the floor in the last three games.
- Kristen Doherty has reached double-figures in scoring in the last 12 games. Since ACC play began, Doherty is averaging 15.6 points and 5.7 rebounds per game.
- Kerri Shields (53) and Nicole Boudreau (48) are 1-and-2 in the ACC in 3-pointers made. Shields' is 48th in the nation in 3-point percentage, while Boudreau is 81st. In 3-pointers made per game, Shields is No. 54 in the country (2.48 per game), while Boudreau is 68th (2.33 pg.).
- BC has made 147 three-pointers this season, 39 more than its opponents.
- Katie Zenevitch is shooting 86.4 percent from the foul line, placing her second in the ACC in FT%. She is also 21st in the country in free throw percentage.
- Following Thursday night's game against No. 22 North Carolina, the Eagles will head south to play at Wake Forest on Sunday, Feb. 10 at 2 p.m. Fans can follow the game on Twitter/bc_wbb.