Jan. 23, 2014
Chestnut Hill, Mass. -
Boston College (11-8, 2-3 ACC) at No. 23 NC State (16-3, 3-2 ACC)
WHEN: Thursday, January 23
TIME: 7 p.m.
WHERE: Reynolds Coliseum - Raleigh, NC
VIEW ONLINE: GOPACK.COM
Boston College will travel to play No. 23 NC State on Thursday, January 23 at 7 p.m. at Reynolds Coliseum. Both the Eagles and the Wolfpack lost in their last outings. BC fell to No. 9 North Carolina, 73-56, at Conte Forum, while the Wolfpack lost at Miami, 80-71, in Coral Gables, Florida.
- BC is now 8-2 on its home court. The two losses have come to Top 10 teams - No. 3 Stanford on Nov. 9 and No. 9 North Carolina on Jan. 19.
- The Eagles are 3-1 in the last four games. They have played three ranked teams in the last four outings (No. 2 Notre Dame, No. 3 Duke, No. 9 UNC).
- Today's game pits the two leading three-point shooting teams in the ACC. NC State leads the conference with 155 made and is fourth in 3-pt. field goal percentage (36.6). BC is second in three's made with 146 and fifth in 3-pt. field goal percentage (36.4%).
BC vs. #23 NC STATE
- Today's game is the 17th meeting between Boston College and NC State.
- The Wolfpack lead the overall series, 9-7.
- Boston College won last year's meeting at Conte Forum, 81-69, behind Kerri Shields 20 points and16 apiece from Kristen Doherty and Tessah Holt. NC State was led by Myisha Goodwin-Coleman with 16 points. Prior to the Eagles victory last season, the Wolfpack had won four straight games against BC.
- Boston College is 3-3 in the month of January. All three losses have come against ranked teams - No. 2 Notre Dame, No. 3 Duke and No. 9 UNC.
- BC is shooting 39.2 percent from the floor and 30.6 from the three-point line. The team is 71-for-88 (80.7) from the foul line. BC has 206 rebounds to 221 by the opponents.
- The only game BC won the battle of the boards came against Mount St. Mary's on Jan. 1 (45-28).
- The Eagles are averaging 14.5 assists per game and 15.2 turnovers a game in January.
LAST THREE GAMES
- BC is 1-2 in the last three games ... The lone win came at home against Miami while the Eagles dropped a road win to No. 3 Duke and a home game vs. No. 9 North Carolina .... Boston College is shooting just 35.7 percent from the floor and 28.6 from long range in the run ... The Eagles are shooting 80 percent from the foul line but have lost the battle of the boards, 125-96 ... In the last three games, BC is averaging just 13.7 assists and 17 turnovers.
- Individually, Katie Zenevitch and Kat Cooper lead BC in scoring at 10.7 points per game in the three games ... Kristen Doherty and Nicole Boudreau are averaging just 9.3 points per game ... Zenevitch is shooting 48.1 percent from the floor while Doherty has hit a rough patch shooting just 30.3 percent ... Doherty is leading BC in rebounding at 7.3 boards per game with Zenevitch right behind her at 6.0.
- BC Coach Head Erik Johnson stresses the importance of free throws on a daily basis. The Eagles hit 13-of-16 from the charity stripe in the win over Miami but missed five against UNC on Jan. 19 (15-for-20).
- Boston College has shot over 79.2 percent in the last four games.
- Lauren Engeln is 8-for-8 from the foul in January.
- Katie Zenevitch (81.3%), Kat Cooper (83.3%) and Nicole Boudreau (84.6%) have all taken over 10 shots in the month. Kristen Doherty is shooting 71 percent and has taken over 30 in the month.
- The Eagles are second in the ACC in free throw percentage (225-of-296, 76%) and 15th in the nation.
- BC has shot over 70% from the foul line in 13 games this season. BC has shot over 80% in 8 games.
- In the month of December, the team shot 80.3% (57-for-71). Katie Zenevitch was perfect from the line going 15-for-15, while Kristen Doherty was 13-for-16.
- Sr., G, Kristen Doherty
- Sr. C, Katie Zenevitch
- Jr, G, Lauren Engeln
- So. G, Nicole Boudreau
- Jr. F, Kat Cooper
THIS DAY IN HISTORY
- On Jan. 23, 1999, BC's Alissa Murphy scored a career-high 32 points as the Eagles beat second-ranked Connecticut, 78-66, before a sold-out Conte Forum.
- Remember to continue to follow the Eagles on Twitter/@bc_wbb or Coach Erik Johnson at - @BC_CoachJohnson. Fans interested in obtaining a 2013-14 Women's Basketball Media Guide can purchase one in the BC Communications Office for $10 during office house (9-5 p.m.).
WELCOME BACK ALUMS
- The Boston College women's basketball program will host the alumni the day of the Wake Forest on Sunday, Jan. 26. Any alumni wishing to attend the event on Saturday night or the game on Sunday can contact Chris Brann at email@example.com.