Women's Basketball To Host Miami On Thursday
Jan. 15, 2014
Chestnut Hill, Mass. -
BC vs. MIAMI
WHEN: Thursday, 16
TIME: 7 p.m.
The Boston College women’s basketball team is currently 10-7 and looking to end a two-game losing streak. The Eagles had a tough weekend losing to No. 2 Notre Dame on Thursday and No. 3 Duke on Sunday afternoon. Prior to the two losses, BC had won seven consecutive games.
The Eagles will host Miami on Thursday, Jan. 16 at 7 p.m. Miami is coming off a 64-62 victory at Virginia Tech on Sunday. The Hurricanes are 10-6 and 1-1 in the conference.
BC vs. MIAMI
• The Hurricanes lead the overall series, 23-16, including the last six meetings.
• The last time BC defeated Miami was in the Jan. 31, 2010. The Eagles defeated the Hurricanes, 72-64.
• Last season, Miami defeated Boston College, 79-54, behind Morgan Stroman’s 17 points. BC was led by Katie Zenevitch with 15 points and 10 rebounds.
• BC is 8-8 against Miami at Conte Forum. The Eagles have only won five of 19 games in Miami.
• The first game between BC and Miami took place on Jan. 3, 1992. Boston College lost the game, 78-59 at Chestnut Hill.
• BC’s first win against Miami came on Jan. 25, 1994 (80-71 in Chestnut Hill).
• Sr., Kristen Doherty – Had 11 rebounds vs. Duke
• Sr., Katie Zenevitch - Notched her 1,000 pt. vs. Notre Dame
• Jr., Lauren Engeln – Leads BC in assists (3.7 apg.)
• So., Nicole Boudreau – 2 3’s vs. Duke
• Jr., Kate Cooper – 21 pts., hit 5 three’s vs. Duke
• Kristen Doherty had 5 steals vs. Notre Dame. It marked the sixth game in her career in which she had 5 or more steals. She moved to third on the all-time list with 189 steals.
• Kat Copper hit five three’s vs. Duke on Sunday. It marked the second time the junior forward hit five three’s in a game. The first came vs. UNH in December.
• The combination of Kristen Doherty and Katie Zenevitch are sixth set of teammates to reach 1,000 points. The last set of teammates to reach the 1,000 point plateau was Carolyn Swords ’11 and Stefanie Murphy ’11.
• Freshman Emilee Daley played 14 minutes and had five points vs. Duke. The rookie forward missed the month of Dec. with an injury. Prior to the Duke game, Daley played seven minutes vs. Notre Dame and six vs. Virginia Tech.
• Junior Lauren Engeln leads BC in assists 59 (3.5 apg.).
• Following Thursday’s game vs. Miami, Boston College will host North Carolina on Sunday, January 19 at 1 p.m. The Tar Heels are the third ranked team BC has played in the last four games.
• Remember to continue to follow the Eagles on Twitter/@bc_wbb or Coach Erik Johnson at - @BC_CoachJohnson.
• Fans interested in obtaining a 2013-14 Women’s Basketball Media Guide can purchase one in the BC Communications Office for $10 during office house (9-5 p.m.).
WELCOME BACK ALUMS
• The Boston College women's basketball program will host the alumni the day of the Wake Forest on Sunday, Jan. 26. Any alumni wishing to attend the event on Saturday night or the game on Sunday can contact Chris Brann at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THIS DAY IN HISTORY
• In the 1996-97 season, the first season for former Coach Cathy Inglese, BC defeated Villanova, 80-68. The Eagles went 9-9 in the Big East that season.