Women's Basketball To Play No. 2 Duke on Sunday
Jan. 11, 2014
Durham, NC -
Boston College (10-6, 1-1 ACC) at No. 3 Duke (15-1, 2-0 ACC)
WHEN: Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 3 p.m.
WHERE: at Cameron Indoor Stadium - - Durham, NC
TIME: 3 p.m. VIEW: RSN-TV &ESPN3
Boston College is now 10-6 after a tough road loss to No. 2 Notre Dame on Thursday night. The loss ended the Eagles seven game winning streak. Boston College is now 1-1 in the ACC as the Eagles picked up a win in the ACC season opener vs. Virginia Tech on Jan. 5. The Eagles will now play at No. 2 Duke on Sunday, Jan. 12 at 3 p.m. at Cameron Indoor Stadium.
• Senior center Katie Zenevitch entered the Notre Dame game needing four points to reach the 1,000 point plateau. Eight minutes into the game, Zenevitch hit a jumper from the top of the key to reach 1,000 points. A native of Methuen, MA, Zenevitch passed the 500 rebound mark in the first game of the season vs. Stanford. She now has 1,007 points and 611 rebounds.
• After Sunday’s game at No. 2 Duke, Boston College will head home to host Miami on Thursday, Jan. 16 at 7 p.m. Fans can view the game online at www.bceagles.com. Tickets for the game are available at the gate.
BC vs. No. 2 DUKE
• Today's game is the 13th meeting between Duke and Boston College. The Blue Devils lead the overall series, 11-2.
• Duke has won the last four meetings against Boston College. The last time BC posted a victory against Duke was on Feb. 2, 2010 at Conte Forum. BC defeated the then 4th ranked Blue Devils, 61-57.
• Prior to BC joining the ACC, the two teams played three times. Duke won two games. The Eagles only win came on Nov. 17, 1999 at the Preseason WNIT Tournament. BC picked up a, 77-70, victory.
• Last season Duke defeated Boston College, 90-53, at the Cameron Indoor Stadium. BC was down 55-30 at the half. The second half BC scored 33 points to Duke's 35. Blue Devils guard Chelsea Gray had a triple double with 18 points, 10 assists and 11 rebounds, while BC's Kristen Doherty had 17 points and six rebounds.
• BC starters are shooting 44.4% from the floor this season. In the last five games, the starting lineup for Boston College has shot 47%.
• Kristen Doherty has led the team in scoring in three of the last five games. She has scored in double-figures in every game this season.
• In the last three games, BC is 2-1 with the only loss to No. 2 Notre Dame on Thursday night. The Eagles are averaging 68 points per game and shooting 42.5 percent from the floor.
• BC has hit just 21-of-64 from beyond the arc (32.8%) but is 35-for-43 from the charity stripe (81.4%) in the last three games.
• The last eight games, Katie Zenevitch is shooting 58.8% from the floor, 95% from the foul line and averaging 15.9 points and 8.9 rebounds.
• Boston College is second in the conference in free throw percentage (75.3%) behind Maryland (77.2%).
• The Eagles third in the ACC in three-point field goal percentage (38.1%) and second in three’s made (126).
• Sophomore Karima Gabriel made her season debut in the loss to Notre Dame on Jan. 9. Gabriel had five rebounds in 12 minutes.
THIS DAY IN HISTORY
• On Jan. 12, 1991, Sarah Behn ’93 hit 14 field goals on the way to 38 points against Syracuse. The Eagles won the game, 75-73.