April 11, 2011
Worcester, Mass. - The Boston College men's tennis team defeated Holy Cross, 7-0, on Monday afternoon at Holy Cross Tennis Courts. The Eagles (6-16, 0-9 ACC) captured all three doubles matches and claimed six singles point in straight sets to swept the Crusaders (4-15).
The Eagles sent out three first-time pairings in doubles play and took the early lead with three, 8-1, wins.
BC jumbled its singles lineup, putting freshman Michael McGinnis in his first match at No. 1 singles. The Saratoga, Calif. native downed Matt Wierzel, 6-2, 6-0.
Junior Jonathan Schroeder was impressive against Chris Das on court two, registering a double-bagel for the win.
Klaus Puestow also made an appearance at No. 5 singles, defeating Connor McCann, 6-2, 6-4.
The Eagles travel to Storrs, Conn. for a 3 p.m. match against Connecticut on Tuesday.
Final Score: Boston College def. Holy Cross, 7-0
1. Jonathan Schroeder / Klaus Puestow (BC) def. Ryan Sullivan/Chris Brosnan (HC), 8-1
2. Brian Locklear / Brendan Wong (BC) def. Ajeya Shekar/Chris Das (HC), 8-1
3. Michael McGinnis / Rob Anker (BC) def. Connor McCann/Scot Brownell (HC), 8-1
Order of finish: 3,2,1
1. McGinnis (BC) def. Matt Wierzel (HC), 6-2, 6-0
2. Schroeder (BC) def. Das (HC), 6-0, 6-0
3. Wong (BC) def. Sullivan (HC), 7-6, 6-4
4. Locklear (BC) def. Brosnan (HC), 7-5, 6-3
5. Puestow (BC) def. McCann (HC), 6-2, 6-4
6. Ankner (BC) def. Shekar (HC), 6-0, 6-0
Order of finish:1,2,6,5,4,3