Nathan Gerbe Profile
Junior - Left Wing - 5-5 - 165
USA Under-18 Team
THE NATION'S PREMIER FORWARD
GERBE'S 2007-08 STATISTICS
LIGHTING THE LAMP
- One of the nation's leading scorers: 57 points -- 28 goals and 29 assists -- through 39 games.
- Has 17 multiple-point games this season, including two hat tricks, nine power-play goals and three shorthanded goals.
- Totaled 31 points -- 14 goals and 17 assists -- in 26 Hockey East games.
- Recorded 27 points -- 13 goals and 14 assists -- in a nine-game scoring streak from Nov. 30 to Jan. 18.
- Earned Hockey East Tournament MVP honors; totaled nine points -- four goals and five assists -- in nine games.
- Was a unanimous selection as Commissioners' Association National Division I Player of the Month for December after scoring 16 points -- seven goals and nine assists -- in four games.
- Is a two-time Hockey East Player of the Month honoree, capturing the award for December and January.
- Was named Most Valuable Player of the Dodge Holiday Classic after he registered seven points -- two goals and five assists -- in two BC victories.
- Has earned Hockey East Player of the Week honors four times -- Dec. 3, Dec. 17, Jan. 14 and Feb. 11.
- Participant in BC hockey community service at YMCA in Brighton, Mass.
- Annually visits patients at Franciscan Hospital for Children.
- Assists in providing food service at local homeless shelters throughout the year.
"When you come to watch a game, he puts you right on the edge of your seat when he has the puck. He has electricity and he's got a competitive side that is second to any player that I have ever had a chance to coach. He's just an electric, electric player. His enthusiasm and the excitement that he has to play rubs off on all of us."
"I've gotta believe he's faster with the puck than without the puck. He puts a tremendous amount of pressure on the defensemen. He's a smart player. He's an All-American. He's one of the true gems of college hockey."
"He's my favorite guy I've ever played with. He skates unbelievable. He has great skills. He makes great passes. For me, he was the easiest guy to read off of."