April 24, 2013
Andrew Alberts – Vancouver Canucks, D
- Saw action in three games over the past week.
Cam Atkinson – Columbus Blue Jackets, F
- Named first star of the game on April 12 after tallying one goal and one assist in a 4-1 win over the Blues, who were coming off three consecutive shutouts and six consecutive wins. Now has 14 points on the season.
Brian Boyle – New York Rangers, F
- Sidelined since April 16 with a right leg injury. Was ranked 6th in the NHL for hits with 145 prior to injury.
Scott Clemmensen – Florida Panthers, G
- Last outing was April 18, suffering a 6-1 loss to the Rangers. Replaced Jacob Markstrom in two games the prior week, after opponents jumped to early leads. Stands at 3-7-2 on the season.
Patrick Eaves – Detroit Red Wings, F
- Saw action in two games this week.
Nathan Gerbe – Buffalo Sabres, F
- Recorded his fifth goal of the season in a loss to the Rangers on April 19 and notched his fifth assist of the season in a win over the Lightning on April 14.
Brian Gionta – Montreal Canadiens, F
- Tallied two goals, including a last-minute, power-play goal to defeat the Lightning 3-2 on April 18. Recorded one goal on April 17 against the Penguins and one assist, his 12th of the season, on April 11.
Click here to watch the game-winning goal.
Stephen Gionta – New Jersey Devils, F
- Named third star of the game for his two-point performance against the Panthers on April 20, notching one goal and one assist. Recorded one assist on April 18 at Philadelphia. Has totaled 14 points on the season.
Peter Harrold – New Jersey Devils, D
- Registered an assist in back-to-back games this week, on April 20 vs. Florida and April 21 at the Rangers. Now has five points this season.
Chuck Kobasew – Colorado Avalanche, F
- Scored his fifth goal of the season in a win over the Blues on April 21. Saw limited action on April 15 after missing the previous eight games with a back injury.
Chris Kreider – New York Rangers, F
- Recalled to the lineup on April 18 and has seen action in all four games this week.
Brooks Orpik – Pittsburgh Penguins, D
- Has played in every game this season. Penguins extended their lead atop the Eastern Conference standings with a seven-game winning streak.
Marty Reasoner – New York Islanders, F
- Last saw action in the 2-1 loss at Washington on April 4.
Cory Schneider – Vancouver Canucks, G
- Two wins in his last two starts, including one against the league-leading Blackhawks, allowed the Canucks to clinch the Northwest division and a spot in the playoffs. Schneider turned away 57-of-59 shots in that period, allowing just one goal in each game. His record for the season is now 17-9-4.
Rob Scuderi – Los Angeles Kings, D
- Has seen action in every game this season.