March 13, 2013
Andrew Alberts - Vancouver Canucks, D
- Recorded his first point of the season on an assist to Chris Higgins in a 4-2 loss at Minnesota. Saw time in all three games this week.
Cam Atkinson - Columbus Blue Jackets, F
- Has tallied six points since returning from injury on Feb. 21, including the game-winning goal on March 9 against Detroit and an assist the following night in a win at Detroit. Led the Blue Jackets to a five-game win streak until they lost to Vancouver in a shootout on March 12.
Brian Boyle - New York Rangers, F
- Notched the game-winning goal at Washington for his second point of the season. Leads the team in faceoff wins and is ranked 11th in the NHL in hits with 84.
Scott Clemmensen - Florida Panthers, G
- Earned a no-decision after replacing Jacob Markstrom early in the first period in a loss at Washington on March 7.
Patrick Eaves - Detroit Red Wings, F
- Tacked on his fifth assist of the season in a win against Edmonton on March 7.
Nathan Gerbe - Buffalo Sabres, F
- Saw action in all four games for the Sabres last week. Earned the third star of the game after forcing an overtime period with a shorthanded goal in the third period against the Rangers on March 3.
Brian Gionta - Montreal Canadiens, F
Stephen Gionta - New Jersey Devils, F
- Recorded five points in four games last week. Started the week with his seventh goal of the season in a loss to the Islanders, then tallied one goal and one assist in a win at Tampa Bay on March 9, and earned third star of the game on March 10 with an assist and the game-winning goal against Florida, helping the Canadiens to a three-game win streak.
- Notched his third goal of the season in a shootout win vs. Winnipeg.
Peter Harrold - New Jersey Devils, D
- Returned to the lineup on March 7 for the first time since Feb. 2 and has played in the last three games for the Devils.
Jimmy Hayes - Chicago Blackhawks, F
- Was called up from the AHL's Rockford IceHogs on March 12 and looks to make his season debut with the 21-2-3 Chicago Blackhawks. Has recorded 22 goals and 17 assists with Rockford this season.
- - Video Feature - - Getting the Call: http://video.blackhawks.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=894&id=214619&cmpid=embed-share-video
Chuck Kobasew - Colorado Avalanche, F
- Delivered his third assist of the season March 6 in a loss against the Blackhawks, who had earned a point in their last 23 games. Recorded six shots on the week and saw action in all four games.
Brooks Orpik - Pittsburgh Penguins, D
- Recorded his sixth assist and point of the season in a win at Toronto on March 9. Has played in every game this season, guiding the Penguins on their current six-game win streak.
Marty Reasoner - New York Islanders, F
- Put seven shots on goal last week and saw action in all three games.
Cory Schneider - Vancouver Canucks, G
- Came away with a loss at Minnesota on March 10 allowing four goals on 32 shots, and an overtime loss on March 7 at Columbus, saving 25 of 27 shots. Now stands at 6-5-3 on the season.
Rob Scuderi - Los Angeles Kings, D
- Saw action in all four games last week.