Sep 5, 2013
Boston College Game Notes | Wake Forest Game Notes
| Game Day Central
Eagles Host Demon Deacons Friday Night on ESPN2
- Less than one week after Boston College captured a 24-14 victory over Villanova in its first game under the direction of head coach Steve Addazio, the 2013 Eagles host Atlantic Coast Conference opponent Wake Forest in the league opener for both programs on Friday, Sept. 6 at 8 p.m.
- The game will be broadcast nationally on ESPN2. It can also be heard on the Boston College IMG Sports Network and online at bceagles.com.
Last Time Out
The Last Meeting
November 3, 2012
- In Boston College's 24-14 season-opening home win over Villanova, senior WR and Biletnikoff Award candidate Alex Amidon had 13 catches for 146 yards and a touchdown, quarterback Chase Retting completed 23 of 30 passes for 285 yards and two TDs and TB Andre Williams ran for 114 yards on 23 carries for the Eagles, who picked off Villanova QB John Robertson three times and secured their victory over the Wildcats on a LB Josh Keyes sack and forced fumble that was recovered by DE Kasim Edebali in the fourth quarter.
- Redshirt freshman FB Bobby Wolford made his collegiate debut against the Wildcats in week one and registered six receptions for 84 yards and one touchdown. A 6-foot-3, 222-pound linebacker who was converted to fullback in preseason camp, Wolford's first career reception - a one-yard touchdown pass from Chase Rettig at 7:08 of the first quarter - marked Boston College's first points of the 2013 season. He also tallied receptions of 31 and 34 yards in the second half of the team's season-opening home win over the Wildcats.
The Eagles and Deacons - Series History
- Friday's game will mark the 21st meeting all-time between the Eagles and the Demon Deacons. BC owns a 10-8-2 record in the series between the two institutions that dates back to 1941. BC, although on the losing side of the ledger in each of the last two seasons, has won four of its last six match-ups over Wake Forest, defeating the Demon Deacons in 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010.
- Over the past 10 seasons, BC and Wake Forest have each won five games (although the Demon Deacons have won the last two games to even up the modern series score.) Wake has outscored BC by only three points - 241 to 238 - in the more than 600 minutes of football.
- In each of the last two seasons, the Demon Deacons have earned victories. Wake Forest captured a 27-19 win over the Eagles to snap the four-game series streak inside Alumni Stadium in 2011, then earned a 28-14 win over the Eagles in Winston-Salem, N.C. in November 2012.
Next up ...
- Boston College will travel to Southern California to face the Trojans on Saturday, Sept. 14 at 3 p.m. ET (noon PT).
- The game will be televised by the Pac-12 Network.