Sept. 4, 2014
BC Football Live
The countdown to kickoff of Friday's 7 p.m. football home opener vs. Pittsburgh is on, and Boston College is pleased to announce 12 initiatives for home games aimed at enhancing the gameday experience.
"All these ideas originated with our fans," Director of Athletics Brad Bates said. "Their input is extremely important to us, and we are listening. Our goal is to create the best atmosphere and experience in the Atlantic Coast Conference."
The 2014 initiatives include:
1. New HD Video Boards - Utilizing the same technology top NFL teams have installed this summer, the boards are twice the size of the previous boards and will provide high-resolution information for fans throughout the games. They will feature state-of-the-art live video, replays, and in-game information to provide fans with a complete HD experience. Alumni Stadium will be the only venue in the Atlantic Coast Conference with this advanced outdoor video resolution and one of only 15 stadiums (pro or collegiate) in the country with this technology.
2. New LED Ribbon Boards - The "ribbon boards" will span the four sides of Alumni Stadium and will feature stunning graphics, sponsor information and game information to better engage and entertain fans. Combined with the HD video boards and sound system upgrades, the ribbon boards will provide a multi-dimensional experience for a dynamic gameday experience.
3. Student Gold Pass App - Boston College will now be able to reward students for attendance and length of stay with its new Gold Pass App, Superfan U. Using the app's geotracker, Boston College is one of the first schools to implement technology of this kind to record length of stay. Incentives will include Doug Flutie bobbleheads and a Mark Herzlich-signed football.
4. Season Ticketholder Loyalty Card - Season ticketholders can now receive 15% off at Alumni Stadium and Conte Forum concession stands by using their loyalty cards. Flynn Fund donors receive 25% off concessions. All season ticketholders and donors presenting their loyalty cards will receive a 20% discount at the BC Bookstores and merchandise stands when they spend $100 or more.
5. Gameday Ambassadors/Recycling Program - To better assist fans, BC will feature gameday ambassadors at five high-traffic areas around campus to answer questions and direct traffic. These ambassadors will also work towards a goal of 50% recycling in order to reduce our environmental footprint.
6. Student-Athlete Tent Village - Located at Gate C, the tent village will provide a consistent location where Boston College's community of more than 5,600 former student-athletes can come together on gamedays. Each of Boston College's 31 varsity sports programs will have the opportunity to enjoy food and refreshments and mingle with fans at this location at a majority of the home games.
7. New Shea Field Parking Grid - Shea Field will feature new parking grid signage so fans can easily identify tailgate locations. Parking pass holders will now receive wrist band guest access to Shea Field.
8. Postgame Email Reports - Fans can now receive updates with essential game statistics, can't-miss highlights, game notes and surveys for feedback on gameday experience.
9. Children's Ticket Discounts - In an effort to provide a family-friendly environment for BC fans on gamedays, children's tickets will be discounted $10 or more for most home football games. Discounted games for children include Pittsburgh, Maine, Colorado State, Clemson, Louisville and Syracuse.
10. Military Ticket Discounts - In honor of those who serve our country, all current and former military personnel will receive a 10% discount of all game tickets by presenting a valid military ID.
11. Social Media Engagement - Boston College will be utilizing social media engagement platform Zoomph to improve the in-game experience and enable fans to feel as though they are part of the action. The Zoomph Social Hub will display Instagrams, Tweet and Facebook posts from BC fans using the hashtag #WeAreBC.
12. New Food Offerings - Alternative grab-and-go food items such as gourmet salads, fresh sushi and sandwiches will be available at Alumni Stadium concessions for fans looking for healthy gameday options.