Sept. 13, 1997
- First Home Season Opening Victory for BC Since 1992... BC's victory today snapped a five-year home season opening losing skid. The Eagles' last home opening victory was September 5, 1992, a 37-20 victory over Rutgers.
- BC Snaps Mountaineer Alumni Stadium Hex... BC's victory snapped a West Virginia nine-game Alumni Stadium winning streak. The last BC victory at home versus West Virginia occurred on October 16, 1976, a 14-3 decision.
- Miscellaneous Series Notes... BC snapped a four-game Mountaineer winning streak series.... BC's last win over West Virginia occurred on October 27, 1990, 27-14, when Jack Bicknell was Eagle head coach.... West Virginia still leads the all-time series, 17-8-1.... Today marks BC's Tom O'Brien's first victory as a head coach.
- Cloud's Awesome Second Half... BC junior running back Mike Cloud, who replaced the injured Omari Walker, recorded a career-high in rushing (211 yards, 24 att.). It is his fifth 100+ rushing output in his career. Cloud had 209 yards in the second half.
- Cloud's 211 yards is the sixth-highest total in BIG EAST history. Curtis Martin (Pittsburgh) has the best performance: 251 yards on September 3, 1994 vs. Texas.
- The last time a BC player rushed for 200+ yards was on November 16, 1991 when Chuckie Dukes ran for 201 versus Syracuse.
- Cloud's previous career-high was 122 yards versus Rutgers on November 24, 1995.
- Hasselback Moves Up on Career Passing List... BC senior quarterback Matt Hasselback had a good day, completing 19 of 24 passes for 168 yards. With 2,754 career passing yards, Hasselback moved up to 9th place on the BC career yardage list, passing Gary Marangi (71-73, 2,739 yards). Doug Flutie (1981-84) is the career leader with 10,579 yards.
- Harding Moves Up on Career Reception List.... With four catches today, BC junior wide receiver Dennis Harding moved up to 17th on the Eagle career receptions list. Harding has 79 career receptions.
Amos, Amos, Amos...
- West Virginia junior running back Amos Zereoue (19 att., 68 yards, 1 TD) holds the BIG EAST record for best three-game rushing start with 441 yards. The previous record was held by Rutgers' Terrell Willis with 430 yards in 1995.
- Zereoue's 15 career touchdowns now ranks him 11th on the Mountaineer career TD list.
- Quality Day for Foreman... Mountaineer junior wide receiver Shawn Foreman had his second consecutive 100+ yard receiving yardage output. Foreman caught 10 balls for 153 yards and two touchdowns. Foreman's career is 164 yards, set last year versus Rutgers.
- First Career INT's... Both Bob Baum and John Thornton recorded their first career interceptions for the Mountaineers.
Shop Now! at the Official Online Store