Nov. 17, 2012
2012 Boston College Football - Game 11; Virginia Tech 30, Boston College 23 (OT)
Nov. 17, 2012 - Alumni Stadium - Chestnut Hill, Mass.
Boston College Postgame Notes
- Virginia Tech now leads the all-time series between the two teams, 15-6, including a 7-3 record at Alumni Stadium.
- Head coach Frank Spaziani holds a 0-4 record against the Hokies. Virginia Tech has won the last five meetings between the two teams.
- BC led, 13-3, at the half, its fourth halftime lead of the season.
- BC played its first overtime game since a 27-24 win over Wake Forest on September 26, 2009.
- Prior to the game, 16 players were honored for Senior Day as they competed in their last home football game at BC.
- Senior S Jim Noel wore number 31 today as a recipient of the Jay McGillis Scholarship, an annual Senior Day tradition.
- Junior WR Alex Amidon recorded his seventh touchdown reception in the second quarter. He is two receptions shy of breaking the single-season receptions record set by Andre Callender in 2007).
- Junior K Nate Freese is now 15-for-15 on field goals under 40 yards this season and 2-for-3 in field goals 40-49 yards. He hit from 36, 35 and 42 yards today.
- Sophomore WR Spiffy Evans' 40-yard punt return in the first quarter was his third punt return of 40 or more yards this season.
- Junior RB Rolandan Finch's 38-yard rush in the first quarter was a personal long of the season. With 133 yards, Finch recorded his second career 100+ yard rushing game.
- Junior QB Chase Rettig's 12-yard rush in the fourth quarter was his longest rush of the season.
- Senior TE Chris Pantale recorded a season long 23-yard reception in the second quarter.
- Senior LB Nick Clancy recorded his seventh double-digit tackle game and second 20+ tackle game of the season.
- Freshman RB David Dudeck's 12-yard touchdown in the fourth quarter was the first rushing touchdown of his career.
42 degrees, wind out of the N-NW at 9 mph, sunny.
Virginia Tech won the toss and deferred to the second half, Boston College will defend the north goal.