Oct. 12, 2013
USATSI Gallery |
- The teams played a scoreless first quarter, marking just the second scoreless opening quarter for the Eagles' offense this season. Additionally, it marked the first opening quarter in which Clemson had been held scoreless in 21 games dating back to last year's Chik-fil-A Bowl against LSU, which Clemson came back to win 25-24.
- Boston College led after three quarters, 14-10, marking the fourth time in six games this season the Eagles have entered the fourth quarter with a lead. It also marked the first time this season the Tigers were trailing after three quarters and the first time since the Tigers 25-24 win over Louisiana State University in last year's Chick-fil-A Bowl.
- Senior wide receiver Alex Amidon registered more than 100 yards receiving, marking his third 100-plus yard receiving effort of the season and his school-record 10th of his 39-game collegiate career. Amidon surpassed former Eagles Rich Gunnell (2006-09) and Brian Brennan (1980-83), who each recorded eight 100+-yard receiving games in their respective careers.
- Freshman RB Myles Willis 38-yard touchdown run marked the first touchdown of his four-game career. It also marked the longest rush of the young season for Boston College, surpassing Andre Williams' 37-yard rush against Army on Oct. 5.
- Senior WR Alex Amidon's 69-yard touchdown reception in the third quarter marked a season and career long for the senior wide receiver.
- BC registered two fumble recoveries on the day, marking the Eagles' ninth and 10th takeaways of the season (five interceptions, five fumble recoveries).
- Boston College's defense limited the Tigers to three first-half points, marking the fewest first-half points allowed by BC this season and since the Eagles held Maine to three first-half points in a 34-3 home win last September.
- Senior linebacker Kevin Pierre-Louis, last week's ACC Linebacker of the Week, recorded 10-or-more tackles for the fourth time this season and the 14th time of his 37-game collegiate career.
- Junior DB Sean Sylvia forced fumble in the second marked his first of the season and Boston College's sixth of the season. Senior LB Steele Divitto's ensuing fumble recovery marked his first of the season and the team's fourth.
- Sophomore DB Bryce Jones recovered a Clemson fumble in the second quarter, marking his second fumble recovery of the season.
Weather: 65 degrees, winds out of the northeast at 5-10 miles per hour
Coin Toss: Boston College won the toss and deferred to the second half
Game Captains: Senior LB Kevin Pierre-Louis joined co-captains Kasim Edebali and Ian White for the coin toss