Boston College Postgame Notes
Aug 31, 2013
· The game marked the first game at Boston College for head coach Steve Addazio.
· Today marked the 46th game in series history and was the first game between Boston College and Villanova since 1980. BC is now 30-17 in the series.
· Redshirt freshman Bobby Wolford recorded his first career reception and first career touchdown in the first quarter.
· Senior WR Alex Amidon surpassed 1800 career receiving yards in the first quarter. With a career-high 13 receptions, Amidon moved into 10th all-time in BC career receptions with 127, passing Brian Brennan, Scott Gieselman and Dedrick Dewalt. He also moved into 11th all-time in BC career receiving yards with 1,919 passing Anthony DiCosmo after today's 146-yard performance. Amidon is now tied with Brian Brennan and Rich Gunnell for most career 100-yard receiving games at BC with eight.
· Senior RB Andre Williams surpassed 1600 career rushing yards in the first quarter. He also rushed for over 100 yards in a game (114) for the sixth time in his career. Williams rushed for over 100 yards twice last season, including a career-high 191-yard performance at Army on Oct. 6, 2012. He moved in 22nd in school history for career rushing yards with 1,691.
· Sophomore DB Bryce Jones recorded his first career interception in the second quarter. Junior DB's Manuel Asprilla and Sean Sylvia each recorded their third career interceptions in the fourth quarter.
· David Dudeck's 30-yard kickoff return marked the first of his career.
· Sophomore WR Daniel Crimmins' 15-yard reception in the second quarter marked the first of his career.
· Senior LB Kevin Pierre-Louis recorded his 11th career double-digit tackle game (12). He had four games with double digit tackles last season, including a career-high 17 at Northwestern on Sept. 15, 2012.
· Freshman RB Tyler Rouse's two-yard run in the fourth quarter was the first of his career.
· Senior K/P Nate Freese tied his career long with a 43-yard punt in the first quarter. His 271 punt yards marked the most of his career.
· Before the game BC introduced its new live bald eagle mascot on the field, marking the first time in 47 years that BC will have a live eagle at all of its home games.