Running Backs/Special Teams
Sixth Year Coaching
Boston University, '04
AS A COACH
- Is in his first year as running backs/special teams coach at Boston College.
- Served as assistant director of football operations at Miami for one season (2011).
- Prior to Boston College, Desai worked closely with the director of football operations, director of player development and the senior coordinator of football operations to maintain the day-to-day operations of the football team at Miami.
- Also served as the academic liaison for the football staff and the student-athlete academic support staff at Miami; assisted with the administrative side of recruiting.
- Prior to Miami, Desai spent four seasons (2006-10) at Temple under Al Golden.
- Began his Temple career as a graduate extern for academics in March 2006.
- Spent a year as the graduate assistant for the defense; helped groom All-MAC safeties Dominique Harris and Jaiquawn Jarrett as well as All-MAC defensive end Adrian Robinson and All-MAC returners James Nixon and Delano Green.
- In 2010, Desai was elevated to special teams coordinator for the Owls and coached the outside linebackers.
- During his tenure as special teams coordinator, Temple's kickoff team finished second in the country and first in the MAC in opponent kickoff return yards allowed. The unit was ninth in the nation in opponent field goal percentage (54.5) and 13th in kicks/punts blocked.
- Served as assistant defensive coordinator, defensive backs and wide receivers coach for the freshman squad at Shelton (Conn.) High School, his alma mater, from 2001 to 2004.
- Attained his doctorate in educational administration at Temple University in May 2008.
- Served as an adjunct professor at Temple University in 2009 and 2010; taught in the master's and doctoral programs in education administration.
- Earned a master's degree in higher and postsecondary education from Teachers College at Columbia University in 2005.
- Earned his undergraduate degree in philosophy and political science, with a minor in biology from Boston University in 2004.
- Is married to the former Ojus Patel.
- A native of Shelton, Conn.
NOTABLE PROFESSIONALS COACHED
- S Jaiquawn Jarrett (Temple)
Second-round draft pick of the Philadelphia Eagles; two-time first-team All-MAC honoree
- LB Tahir Whitehead (Temple)
Fifth-round draft pick of the Detroit Lions in 2012
- LB Adrian Robinson (Temple)
2012 Free agent signee of Pittsburgh
THE DESAI FILE
|Age on Sept. 1||29|
|High School:||Shelton High School|
|College:||Boston University (Philosophy and Political Science; Biology minor, 2004)|
|Columbia (M.A., Higher and Postsecondary Education, 2005)|
|Temple (EdD Educational Administration, 2008)|
|2007-09||Temple||Asst. to Special Teams/Head Coach)|
|2009||Temple||Defensive GA/Special Teams)|
|2010||Temple||Special Teams Coord./OLB)|
|2011||Miami||Assist. Dir. of Football Operations)|
|2012||Boston||College RB/Special Teams Coord.)|