March 09, 2014
Score: NC State 78, Boston College 68
Records: Boston College (8-23, 4-14 ACC), NC State (19-12, 9-9 ACC)
Location: PNC Arena, Raleigh, NC
BC Starters: Caudill (C), Anderson (F), Hanlan (G), Rahon (G),Heckmann (G)
NC State Starters: Lewis (G), Vandenberg (C), Turner (G), Warren (F), Washington (F)
- Sophomore Olivier Hanlan scored 29 points to go along with five assists. He was 10-for-17 from the floor and 7-for-8 from the foul line.
- Junior Ryan Anderson added 15 points and five rebounds.
- NC State's T.J. Warren scored 42 points, going 14-for-23 from the field and 14-for-17 from the charity stripe. He also had 13 rebounds, three assists and three steals.
NC State scored seven unanswered points in part of a 15-3 run which gave it a 71-61 lead with 1:37 left in the game.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Boston College had a 20-19 lead before NC State scored eight unanswered points to take a 27-20 advantage. T.J. Warren had four of the points in that span.
- The Eagles scored six of the next eight points to cut the deficit to 29-26 with 5:09 left in the first half.
- The Wolfpack finished the half with a 13-5 run to take a 42-31 lead at the break.
- BC scored 15 unanswered points early in the second half to take a 47-46 lead. Anderson had seven of the 15 points in that 4:47 span.
- With the Eagles on top, 58-56, NC State scored the next seven points and went on a 15-3 run to take a 71-61 lead with 1:37 left.
Points: Olivier Hanlan, 29
Rebounds: Will Magarity, 6
Assists: Olivier Hanlan, 5
Points: T.J. Warren, 42
Rebounds: T.J. Warren, 13
Assists: Tyler Lewis, 5
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Sophomore Olivier Hanlan has 1,084 career points, which ties him for 17th among ACC sophomore scorers all-time. He passed Duke's Kyle Singler and Maryland's Terrell Stoglin tonight. He is now tied with Duke's J.J. Redick and Wake Forest's Rodney Rogers.
- Junior Ryan Anderson has 1,267 career points which ranks 24th all-time at Boston College. He passed Reggie Jackson and Antonio Granger tonight.
Lead Changes: 11
Largest Leads: BC by 6 1st-16:06, NC State by 14 2nd-18:14
The Eagles will be the #14 seed in this week's ACC Tournament and will face #11 Georgia Tech. Game time is 7 p.m. on Wednesday at the Greensboro Coliseum.