Feb. 5, 2014
CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA. -
Score: #20/21 Virginia 77 , BC 67
Records: Boston College (6-16, 2-7 ACC), Virginia (18-5, 9-1 ACC)
Location: Charlottesville, VA
BC Starters: Odio (F), Anderson (F), Jackson (G), Hanlan (G), Rahon (G)
Clemson Starters:Tobey (C), Harris (G), Brogdon (G), Perrantes (G), Mitchell (F)
- Junior Ryan Anderson led the Eagles in points (20) and rebounds (7).
- Junior Lonnie Jackson tallied 12 points and had 2 rebounds.
- Sophomore Olivier Hanlan scored 14 points.
Virginia scored 15 unanswered points over a 6:42 span in the first half to take a 20-5 lead that BC never recovered from.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Virginia made the first big run of the game by scoring 15 unanswered points over 6:42 to take a 20-5 lead at the 9:52 mark.
- With the Cavalier lead at 30-17, UVa closed out the first half on a 10-4 run to build a 40-21 advantage at the break.
- A 7-0 BC run cut the deficit to 47-33 at the 13:26 mark of the second half. Sophomore Olivier Hanlan and freshman Garland Owens hit a pair of 3-pointers in that span.
- UVa was up 71-52 with 4:47 left before BC cut the lead down to 73-67 with 39 seconds left - a 15-2 run.
- Brogdon hit two free throws and the Eagles did not convert on the next trip down the floor, which sealed the game.
Points: Ryan Anderson, 20
Rebounds:Ryan Anderson, 7
Assists: Joe Rahon, 5
Points: Eric Atkins, 24
Rebounds: Pat Connaughton, 9
Assists:Garrick Sherman, 4
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Boston College had 10 bench points to Virginia's 39.
- The Cavaliers had advantages in points in the paint (44-26) and second-chance points (18-3)
- Ryan Anderson led the Eagles in points and rebounds.
- Five of Anderson's seven rebounds were defensive.
Lead Changes: 2
Largest Leads:BC - By one in the first, Virginia - 21 (second, 16:46)
BC hosts #11/11 Duke on Saturday at 6 p.m. in Conte Forum. The game will be televised on ESPN.