Feb. 1, 2014
Score: Notre Dame 76, Boston College 73 (OT)
Records: Boston College (6-15, 2-6 ACC), Notre Dame (12-10, 3-6 ACC)
Location: Purcell Pavilion at the Joyce Center, Notre Dame, IN
BC Starters: Anderson (F), Jackson (G), Hanlan (G), Dragicevich (G), Rahon (G)
Notre Dame Starters: Atkins (G), Sherman (C), Connaughton (G), Auguste (F), Vasturia (G)
- Junior Ryan Anderson had 21 points, six rebounds and 3 assists. He was 9-for-10 from the foul line.
- Junior Lonnie Jackson recorded 15 points and three assists while sophomore Joe Rahon had 13 points and four rebounds.
Notre Dame's Eric Atkins hit a 3-pointer with two seconds left in overtime to give the Irish the 76-73 win.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The first half was tight the entire way with neither side gaining a lead of more than five points.
- Notre Dame led 23-21 with 4:25 left in the half, but Boston College finished with an 8-3 run to take a 29-26 halftime lead.
- BC scored the first six points of the second half to build a 35-26 lead - the largest of the game.
- Notre Dame responded by going on a 10-2 run over the next three minutes to cut the deficit to one.
- BC had a 66-63 lead with 16 seconds left in regulation. Garrick Sherman hit a bucket to cut the deficit to one. After BC missed the front end of a 1-and-1, Atkins was fouled with 0.7 seconds left.
- He hit the first of a 1-and-1 and then missed the second to force overtime.
- Anderson hit a pair of free throws with 35 seconds left in overtime to tie the game, 73-73.
- Atkins waited until the last moment to take the final shot and connected on the game-winner.
Points: Ryan Anderson, 21
Rebounds: Ryan Anderson, 6
Assists: Ryan Anderson & Lonnie Jackson, 3
Points: Eric Atkins, 24
Rebounds: Pat Connaughton, 9
Assists: Garrick Sherman, 4
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Boston College connected on 20 of 24 free throws while Notre Dame was just 9-for-15. BC was 15-for-17 from the line in the second half.
- Notre Dame held a 17-7 advantage in second chance points.
- BC scored 14 points off turnovers while Notre Dame had four.
Lead Changes: 9
Largest Leads: BC by 9 2nd-18:37, Notre Dame by 4 1st-7:22
The Eagles travels to Virginia on Wednesday, February 5 to take on the Cavaliers on ESPN2.