Baseball, Football, and Track
Frank Wilson '24
- A highly-skilled athlete, he earned 11 varsity letters- four
each in baseball and football and three in track.
- He was a member of Boston College's 1920 Eastern Football
champions, and as a senior in 1923, was the leading rusher
on the Eagle team that finished with a 7-1-1 record.
- His dazzling speed earned him a host of collegiate track
- A four-year starter in the Eagles' baseball outfield, he led
the 1923 team to a 30-3 record that included 22 consecutive
victories. As a senior, he led the nation in batting with
a .450 average and established a college baseball record by
hitting safely in 27 straight games.
- Following graduation, he went directly to the roster of the
Boston Braves and played right field in 61 games. He later
played with the Cleveland Indians and St. Louis Browns.
- Inducted into the Boston College Varsity Club Athletic Hall
of Fame in 2002.