Doug Widell '89
- Strong and highly skilled, he was a cornerstone of the
Boston College offensive line throughout his varsity career.
- Capped his senior season with invitations to play in the
Blue-Gray All-Star Game, the Senior Bowl, and East-West
- A draft selection of the Denver Broncos, he was a `rookie'
starter for the Broncos' 1989 Super Bowl Championship team.
Later played with the Green Bay Packers, Detroit Lions, and
- Shares the distinction of having played in the offensive
line alongside his brother Dave at both Boston College and
with the NFL's Denver Broncos.
- Inducted into the Boston College Varsity Club Athletic Hall
of Fame in 2003.