Doug Widell '89
- Strong and highly skilled, he was a cornerstone of the Boston College offensive line throughout his varsity career.
- Capped his senior season with invitations to play in the Blue-Gray All-Star Game, the Senior Bowl, and East-West Shrine Game.
- A draft selection of the Denver Broncos, he was a `rookie' starter for the Broncos' 1989 Super Bowl Championship team. Later played with the Green Bay Packers, Detroit Lions, and Indianapolis Colts.
- Shares the distinction of having played in the offensive line alongside his brother Dave at both Boston College and with the NFL's Denver Broncos.
- Inducted into the Boston College Varsity Club Athletic Hall of Fame in 2003.