Louis Welch '25
- A member of the fleet and famed Boston College two-mile relay team that set a World Record (7:47.6) in 1924.
- As a senior, he ran on Eagle relay teams that captured the National Indoor Distance Medley championship and two Penn Relay championships. He was selected outstanding performer in the 1925 Penn Relay meet.
- After graduation, he was a member of the BAA Track Team that won a national AAU championship. He later competed in race walking and won eight New England championships amd set a World Record in the 1500-meter Indoor Walk in 1934.
- He is the only man in history to have his name listed for World Records in both running and race walking.
- Inducted into the Boston College Varsity Club Athletic Hall of Fame in 1979.