Bob Watts '77
- A four-year varsity contributor, he moved from his freshman
assignment at tight end to a three-year stint at linebacker
where he became one of the finest defensive players in
- Captured All-East honors as a senior and named the top
defender in New England in recognition of his speed,
tenacity, and virtually unlimited football skills. Played in
the East-West Shrine Game and Senior Bowl All-Star classics.
- Also a member of the 400-Meter Track Relay team that
established a school record in the event.
- After graduation, he was drafted by the NFL's New Orleans
Saints and later played several seasons with the Oakland
Raiders and CFL Toronto Argonauts before knee and back
injuries prematurely ended his promising professional
- Inducted into the Boston College Varsity Club Athletic Hall
of Fame in 1997.