Steve Trapilo '87
- Played offensive guard for the Eagles from 1982-86.
- As a team captain in his senior year, he helped lead the team to a 9-3 record and a Hall of Fame Bowl victory over Georgia.
- Earned honorable mention All-America and All-East honors as a senior.
- Starting guard on the Cotton Bowl championship team as a sophomore in 1984, where he was the only underclassmen to start on the offensive line.
- Won the Eagle of the Year Award as a senior, which is given to the University's top male student-athlete.
- Inducted into the Boston College Varsity Club Athletic Hall of Fame in 2001.