Ernie Stautner '50
- After serving with the United States Marine Corps in World War II, he enrolled at Boston College and captured All-New England and All-Catholic honors as a powerful two-way tackle.
- A capable kicker, he handled the Eagles' kickoff and extra point duties as well.
- Enjoyed a splendid 14-year playing career with the National Football League's Pittsburgh Steelers, capped by his enshrinement in the Professional Football Hall of Fame.
- A highly-regarded coach and defensive coordinator with the Dallas Cowboys (1966-1988), he played a major role in that team's two Super Bowl Championships. He has also served on the coaching staffs of the Pittsburgh Steelers, Washington Redskins, and Denver Broncos.
- Inducted into the Boston College Varsity Club Athletic Hall of Fame in 1973.