Ernie Stautner '50
- After serving with the United States Marine Corps in World
War II, he enrolled at Boston College and captured All-New
England and All-Catholic honors as a powerful two-way
- A capable kicker, he handled the Eagles' kickoff and extra
point duties as well.
- Enjoyed a splendid 14-year playing career with the National
Football League's Pittsburgh Steelers, capped by his
enshrinement in the Professional Football Hall of Fame.
- A highly-regarded coach and defensive coordinator with the
Dallas Cowboys (1966-1988), he played a major role in that
team's two Super Bowl Championships. He has also served on
the coaching staffs of the Pittsburgh Steelers, Washington
Redskins, and Denver Broncos.
- Inducted into the Boston College Varsity Club Athletic Hall
of Fame in 1973.