Andrew Spognardi '32
- An All-East and All-America shortstop, he was captain of the 1932 Boston College baseball team.
- As a true all-around player, he excelled in every aspect of the game: hitting, fielding, running, and throwing.
- After graduation, he signed with the Boston Red Sox and was immediately placed on the Major League roster.
- He gave up his dream of professional baseball to enter Medical School, eventually practicing family medicine in the Roslindale section of Boston for 50 years.
- Inducted into the Boston College Varsity Club Athletic Hall of Fame in 1973.