Peter Spaulding '98
- The first Boston College Sailor to earn induction into
the Varsity Club Hall of Fame, he set an extraordinary
course of success at the intercollegiate and
- A three-time All-America selection by the
Intercollegiate Sailing Association of North America
(ICSA), he steered the Eagles to their first National
Dinghy Sailing Championship in more than 35 years
(1996); the Eagles repeated their National Dinghy
Championship appearance in 1997 and 1998.
- After winning the New England Dinghy Championship in
1998, he was named "Outstanding Senior
Intercollegiate Sailor in New England."
- Winner of the Nathaniel J. Hasenfus "Eagle of the
Year" Award as the outstanding male athlete in his
- Winner of 1997 Intercollegiate Japan-United States
- Named 1998 ICSA Sportsman of the Year.
- Achieved berths on numerous United States Sailing
Teams, participating in International Regattas; had the
honor of representing his country in the 2004 Athens
Summer Olympics as a member of the U.S. Sailing
Team in the 49er Class competition.
- Inducted into the Boston College Varsity Club Athletic
Hall of Fame in 2005.