Tom Songin '77
- A two-sport star, he earned eight varsity letters during his
outstanding varsity athletic career.
- One of the greatest power hitters in Boston College baseball
annals, he led all NCAA Division I players in home runs as a
freshman shortstop. His career batting average was
over .300, and he was selected for the NCAA District I, New
England, and Greater Boston All-Star teams.
- Captain of the 1977 Boston College baseball team that
advanced to the ECAC Regional Finals.
- In hockey, he scored 71 points in 82 varsity games and was a
member of Boston College's 1976 Beanpot Championship squad.
He later played professional hockey with the Boston Bruins.
- Inducted into the Boston College Varsity Club Athletic Hall
of Fame in 1996.