Edward "Butch" Songin '50
- An extremely talented and versatile athlete, he was an All- America defenseman in hockey and a record-setting passer in football.
- He was a key member of the Eagles' 1949 NCAA Hockey National Championship squad and captain of the 1949-50 squad, twice earning All-America honors.
- An All-East quarterback, he established virtually every school passing record during his varsity gridiron career.
- Had a long and successful professional football career, and was the first quarterback of the Boston Patriots.
- Inducted into the Boston College Varsity Club Athletic Hall of Fame in 1970.