- A distinguished forward on the Eagles' dominating hockey teams of the mid-1980s, Dan Shea's numbers speak for themselves.
- In four years, he registered 66 goals and 124 assists in 155 games.
- The Eagles earned three NCAA Tournament berths in his four- year career, advancing to the tournament's Frozen Four in 1985.
- As a junior (1986-87), Shea and his teammates registered a BC single-season record with 31 victories.
- As a senior, Shea served as team captain and earned the prestigious Norman F. Dailey Memorial Award as team MVP.
- Inducted into the Boston College Varsity Club Athletic Hall of Fame in 1999.