Terry Shanahan '90
- The epitome of the term "scholar-athlete", her impressive contributions on the volleyball court were surpassed only by her magnificent performance in the classroom.
- A four-year starter who set school records in "Kills" (1175), "Digs" (1263), and "Aces" (254), she was team Captain and Most Valuable Player in both her junior and senior seasons. Terry was named to the All-Tournament Team in 18 of 21 competitions during her varsity career.
- Winner of the Nathaniel J. Hasenfus "Eagle of the Year" Award as the outstanding female student-athlete in her graduating class.
- Also named a "Scholar of the College" by the Academic Deans, she was chosen to receive the "Delta Scholar-Athlete of the Year Award" as the outstanding female student-athlete in the nation as a senior.
- After graduation, she attended Medical School.
- Inducted into the Boston College Varsity Club Athletic Hall of Fame in 1997.