- Throughout a coaching lifetime of dedication, guidance, and love, he molded the Boston College track and field program into a builder of champions, into a builder of men.
- Revered by his athletes, respected by his peers, he stood as a brilliant personification of every quality that serves to enrich and enhance intercollegiate athletics.
- Was selected head coach of the U.S. Olympic Track Team in 1928.
- The Boston College Outdoor Track was dedicated in his honor in 1955.
- Inducted into the Boston College Varsity Club Athletic Hall of Fame in 1970.