Track and Field, Cross-Country
Jose A. Rocha '87
- An All-America cross-country racer, he was also BIG EAST
champion (1987), National Catholic Champion (1986) and two-
time Greater Boston champion (1984, 1987) in this grueling
- He also won the IC4A 5,000-meter track title (1987), New
England 10,000-meter crown (1985), and captured All-America
honors in the 10,000-meter NCAA championship (1987) during
his highly successful track career.
- Established a school record of 28:24 in the 10,000 meter
- A two-time cross-country team captain, he also was named
winner of the Nathaniel J. Hasenfus "Eagle of the Year"
Award as the outstanding male student-athlete in his
- Following his collegiate career, he won two National TAC
cross-country championships (1987 and 1988).
- Inducted into the Boston College Varsity Club Athletic Hall
of Fame in 1995.