Mike Roarke '52
- Known as "Mr. Captain", he had the rare privilege to be the elected leader of Boston College football and baseball teams in his senior season.
- A talented end in football, he led the Eagles in receptions in both his junior and senior seasons. His career accomplishments of 49 catches and 12 touchdowns rank him among Boston College's all-time leaders.
- Winner of the Thomas F. Scanlan Award in 1951 as the football team's outstanding senior scholar-athlete.
- A steady hitter and excellent defensive player, he is considered on of the finest baseball catchers ever to wear the Eagles' Maroon and Gold.
- After graduation, he played professional baseball for the Detroit Tigers and has enjoyed a long and successful career as a coach with several Major League teams.
- Inducted into the Boston College Varsity Club Athletic Hall of Fame in 1972.