List revealed after four weeks of balloting on social media hub: bceaglesunited.com
Charlie O'Rourke '41
- A Boston College football legend, his late-game touchdown
run provided the winning margin in the Eagles' 19-13 victory
over Tennessee in the 1941 Sugar Bowl.
- His accurate passing ability, dazzling running skills, and
long distance kicking earned this halfback All-East and All-
America honors in his senior year.
- He was winner of the Bulger Lowe Award as New England's
outstanding college player, and played several years in the
National Football League before embarking on his own
collegiate coaching career.
- Charlie is also enshrined in the National Football
Foundation Hall of Fame.
- Inducted into the Boston College Varsity Club Athletic Hall
of Fame in 1970.