Track and Field
Bob O'Leary '60
- A versatile and gifted athlete, he established school
records in the 880-yard (1:54.1), mile (4:12), 1500-meter
(3:52.6), and indoor two mile (9:32) events.
- He set the Boston College standard on Franklin Park's 4-mile
cross-country course (20:05) and broke course records at
three other venues.
- A three-event winner as BC captured the first Greater Boston
League Indoor Intercollegiate Track Championship.
- Was Eastern Champion in both 880-yard and mile events and
qualified for the 1960 NCAA championships and U.S. Olympic
- Equally proficient in academic areas, he served as President
of his Senior Class and was graduated Magna Cum Laude. He
was the first winner of the Jack Ryder Track Club's Student-
- Inducted into the Boston College Varsity Club Athletic Hall
of Fame in 1996.