Jim O'Brien '60
- An exceptional offensive and defensive tackle, he earned All- New England and All-East honors.
- Selected "Outstanding Lineman" in 1959 All-American Bowl game.
- Drafted by both the Detroit Lions (NFL) and Oakland Raiders (AFL), his professional career was shortened by injuries.
- Founder and President of the "Emerald Isle Classic" which brought American College Football to Ireland. Boston College played Army in Dublin's Lansdowne Road Stadium on November 19, 1988, the first major college football game in Europe.
- Inducted into the Boston College Varsity Club Athletic Hall of Fame in 1993.