Alan R. Miller '59
- A highly-talented player, he was the Eagles' starting
offensive and defensive halfback in each of his three
varsity seasons, during which Boston College won 19 of 28
- Earned All-New England honors three times and was and All-
East selection as a senior. He was recipient of the 1958
O'Melia Award as outstanding player in the BC-Holy Cross
- After starting for the North Team in the 1959 Senior Bowl,
he was drafted by the Boston Patriots. He later played five
seasons for the Oakland Raiders, where he was named team
captain and Most Valuable Player.
- An attorney-at-law, he has continued his long and productive
association with the sport of football as General Counsel to
the National Football League Players' Association.
- Inducted into the Boston College Varsity Club Athletic Hall
of Fame in 1988.