Alan R. Miller '59
- A highly-talented player, he was the Eagles' starting offensive and defensive halfback in each of his three varsity seasons, during which Boston College won 19 of 28 games.
- Earned All-New England honors three times and was and All- East selection as a senior. He was recipient of the 1958 O'Melia Award as outstanding player in the BC-Holy Cross game.
- After starting for the North Team in the 1959 Senior Bowl, he was drafted by the Boston Patriots. He later played five seasons for the Oakland Raiders, where he was named team captain and Most Valuable Player.
- An attorney-at-law, he has continued his long and productive association with the sport of football as General Counsel to the National Football League Players' Association.
- Inducted into the Boston College Varsity Club Athletic Hall of Fame in 1988.