Tom Mellor '73
- An All-American defenseman, his scoring talents and defensive skills were a key factor in Boston College's advancement to the NCAA Championship Finals in his senior season.
- Established a scoring record for Eagle defenseman, 37 goals and 98 assists (135 points), in his storied varsity career.
- A member of the United States hockey team that won the Silver Medal in the 1972 Olympic Games at Sapporo, Japan.
- After graduation, he played professional hockey with the NHL's Detroit Red Wings and in Sweden.
- Inducted into the Boston College Varsity Club Athletic Hall of Fame in 1980.