Tom "Tank" Meehan '58
- A determined "walk-on" candidate who worked his way up to varsity status, he developed into one of the finest offensive linemen in college football.
- A ferocious blocker who quickly earned a starting spot at the guard position, he went on to merit All-New England, All-East and All-America honors during a stellar gridiron career.
- Winner of the Thomas F. Scanlan Memorial Award as the team's outstanding scholar-athlete in his senior year.
- Elected to forgo the opportunity to play professional football to join the United States Marine Corps, where he became a highly-decorated combat aviator in Vietnam.
- Inducted into the Boston College Varsity Club Athletic Hall of Fame in 2011.