Cindy Flick McHugh '81
- A pioneer in women's track and cross-country at Boston College, she is a true cornerstone of the wide-ranging success that these programs have enjoyed.
- Set records in 1500-meter, 3000-meter, mile, two-mile, and course cross-country events while serving as cross-country captain in 1979 and 1980.
- Earned All-East and All-New England honors in both track and cross-country. In 1979, BC finished second in the Eastern AIAW cross-country championships and qualified for the national championships; in 1980, BC won the Eastern title and finished sixth in the national AIAW event.
- Co-winner of the 1981 Nathaniel J. Hasenfus "Eagle of the Year" Award as the outstanding female student-athlete in her graduating class.
- Inducted into the Boston College Varsity Club Athletic Hall of Fame in 1987.