Barry McGrath '59
- After years of regional success, McGrath was an integral part of taking BC to national prominence on a team that was the first to participate in the NCAA Basketball Tournament.
- Was also part of an outstanding freshman team that compiled an 18-1 record in 1955-56.
- Was a scholarship player from St. John's High School in Worcester; as a 6-6 center on a small club, the rebounding responsibility was his, as well as most tough defensive assignments.
- Team members credit him for making the entire team better with his hard work ethic, his sincerity, and his dedication to teamwork.
- Inducted into the Boston College Varsity Club Athletic Hall of Fame in 1998.