Track and Field
Jack McDonald '73
- One of the finest runners in Boston College track history,
he was the rist Eagle to run a "four-minute" mile and won
three New England championships in this event.
- Was track and field captain as a senior.
- In 1978, he became Boston College's first full-time track
coach and was instrumental in keeping the men's track team
at the top of the New England rankings while developing a
women's track program that soon reached the same levels of
- Named Assistant Director of Athletics at Boston College in
1986, and was made Director of Athletics at the University
of Denver in 1990.
- Inducted into the Boston College Varsity Club Athletic Hall
of Fame in 1982.