Tom "Red" Martin '61
- A two-time All-America defenseman, this highly-skilled
skater and playmaker scored 134 points (23 goals, 111
assists) during his exceptional college career. He was
captain of the Eagles' 1960-61 hockey team.
- Three-time All-East selection, and twice named "Outstanding
Defenseman in Eastern College Hockey".
- Winner of the 1961 Walter Brown Award as outstanding
American college hockey player.
- Most Valuable Player in 1961 Beanpot, won by Boston College.
- A member and assistant captain of the United States hockey
team that competed in the 1964 Olympics at Innsbruck,
- Also a top-notch first baseman for the Eagle baseball team
that played in the 1960 and 1961 College World Series.
- Served as an assistant hockey coach at Boston College for
- Inducted into the Boston College Varsity Club Athletic Hall
of Fame in 1971.