Charlie Marso '36
- Although born without a full right hand, he overcame
his physical handicap to become one of the premier
pitchers in the "Golden Age" of Boston College
- Compiled a 23-1 record as the Eagles' ace hurler
during his varsitry career, which included Boston
College's 1935 New England Championship.
- Also played in the renowned Cape Cod and Northern
New York Amateur Baseball Leagues.
- After graduation, he enjoyed a long and successful
tenure as baseball coach at Natick High School where
his teams won 10 Bay State League Championships
and qualified for the State Championship tournament
on numerous occasions.
- Inducted into the Boston College Varsity Club Athletic
Hall of Fame in 2005.